[ptx] OSX build: Xcode Project (and some compiler error reports)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Tue Jun 15 07:19:34 BST 2004

Hi Ippei,

> Hello Pablo,
>
> I don't know when you made last change, but I am quite sure CVS I got
> is later than "2004/06/13 22:34:38" wherever this means.

The cvs should contain a folder called "patches" which contains a the patch
to vigra 1.2.0. I'll also send you a complete, already patched version of
vigra.

The diff's can be applied with the patch command, usually with

cd dirwithfilestopatch
patch < the_patch_file

> Anyway, Xcode, not "XBuild", is maybe just a frontend of gcc, but from
> my view point, Xcode uses gcc internally.
> Apple made an big effort on making things easier, which means less
> flexible as usual, therefore Xcode can't do some of things command line
> tools can.
> Please see http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/xcode/ for further
> details.

Ok, I'll take a look.

> Anyway, I am just a beginner in programming stuff. I am looking forward
> to fighting with patches.
> (I've just avoided learning CVS commands by using Xcode. I'm afraid
> Xcode can't patch files.)

Just do a "cvs update" in the top level hugin directory, or use a similar
function in Xcode.