[ptx] OSX build: Xcode Project (and some compiler error reports)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Mon Jun 14 22:26:38 BST 2004

Hi Ippei,

> I had some time during the weekend, so I have created Xcode project for
> Hugin.
> http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/temp/huginxcode.pdf
> http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/temp/huginGTK2-Xcode.zip (put files
> into hugin directory where configure is)

Great, I've never heard of XBuild but I assume that it is a frontend to the
standart gcc toolchain. Btw. which version of gcc does OSX use?

> I'm trying to build CVS of few hours ago, and, as usual, having some
> errors.
> However, it is wonderful that there are no need of fixing all the
> convertToBitmap usage. Thank you!

I'm in the progress of compiling the Win32 version of hugin with wxWindows
2.5.2. (It compiles, but crashes when loading the first image...)

> Current Main Errors:
>
> /Users/ippei/Download/hugin/hugin-cvs20040614/src/vigra_impex2/
> viff.cxx: In member function `void
> vigra_impex2::ViffDecoderImpl::color_map()':
> /Users/ippei/Download/hugin/hugin-cvs20040614/src/vigra_impex2/
> viff.cxx:628: error: could not convert `temp_num_bands' to `size_t&'
> /Users/ippei/Download/hugin/hugin-cvs20040614/src/vigra_impex2/
> viff.cxx:250: error: in passing argument 2 of `void
> vigra_impex2::map_multiband(vigra_impex2::void_vector<T2>&, size_t&,
> const vigra_impex2::void_vector<storage_type>&, long unsigned int, long
> unsigned int, long unsigned int, const vigra_impex2::void_vector<T2>&,
> long unsigned int, long unsigned int, long unsigned int) [with
> storage_type = unsigned char, map_storage_type = unsigned char]'

I've tried to fix this in the current cvs (beware, the anonymous cvs might
be delayed up to one day). I wonder how you could compile the standalone
vigra, since it should contain the same code.

> src/include/vigra_impex2/impex.hxx: In function `void
> vigra_impex2::exportScalarImage(SrcIterator, SrcIterator, SrcAccessor,
> const vigra_impex2::ImageExportInfo&, vigra::VigraTrueType) [with
> SrcIterator = vigra::ConstBasicImageIterator<unsigned char, unsigned
> char**>, SrcAccessor = vigra::StandardConstValueAccessor<unsigned
> char>]':

I needed to extend vigra a little bit, please apply the patch in the new cvs
version, patches/vigra_typetraits_extension.diff, and recompile.