[ptx] compile problems on gentoo

Stefan Marx stefan at linux-lunatix.org
Fri Jun 11 13:04:29 BST 2004

> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to compile hugin on gentoo. I have the following
> prerequisites:
>
> wxgtk: 2.4.2 ( had to manipulate the hugin configure-script to use
> -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.4 )
>
> vigra: 1.2.0
>
> fftw: 3.0.1 ( had to symlink fftw3.h to fftw.h)
>
> boost: 1.31.0

Hi,

I have resolved the problem after some deep diggin' into google groups :-).

The main mistake was compiling wxGTK with unicode support. Without it,
hugin compiled just fine. Smaller issues have been to install an older
version of fftw.

I stumbled across some not yet released ebuilds for gentoo for panotools
and hugin and made them work for me. I will write down the entire process
and publish it, as it may be helpful for others having similar
difficulties compiling entirely from source on other linux distributions.

Now I am going to give hugin a try with some test images...

Stefan