[ptx] Autopano 1.03 Beta

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Jul 15 22:17:20 BST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Alexandre Jenny wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Integration into PtGui, Hugin or PtAssembler is surely broken as the new
> version
> doesn't create the project files in a sub folder but in the folder directly.
> So just use it standalone.

Typically, the usage pattern from a GUI, or a project with known images is:

1. The user has added only images that belong to the project. Creation
   of multiple projects in such a case is not nessecary and might confuse
   users and/or tools. It would be nice, if an
   /output:somefile.pto
   was supported for such cases.

2. The user/or program might not automatically work on all files in the
   current directory, or have to copy them to a temp directory, probably
   it's a good idea to search for file if no images are specified on the cmd
   line, but use only files on the cmd line if some are specified.

   Usually I'm lazy and save the resulting pano's in the same directory as
   input files.. If I try to run autopano again on these files, the
   automatic search will pick up the final pano's as well. I would have to
   copy the images files to another dir, just to run autopano again.