[ptx] Code at http://cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/autopano-sift/

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Jan 22 15:41:25 GMT 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Alexandre Jenny wrote:

> If no one is already doing it, i'll make the translation to c/c++

I won't have time to do this in the next two week or so.

Since we can't link the sift code to the GPL'ed hugin executable, we have to
keep the SIFT detector separate. I propose a program similar to the original
keypoints from lowe (Sebastian has written one, with XML output already, but
a program with excactly the same (per default) file format would be nice, so
that we can try both implementations ;).

I've already written an interface to it (so far, linux only, I use system()
to run keypoints program.), and my simple SIFT matching should be replaced
with the one from sebastian.

most of the stuff I have hacked for panosifter is in in the vigra_ext
module.