[ptx] Even more SIFT successes

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Mon Jan 19 15:29:22 GMT 2004

I think one of the earliest goal for hugin was to create a user-friendly
interface to pano-tools. Meanwhile it has become much more :-)
But panosifter within hugin could be a good chance to help newbies having an
easy start. So I would not hide it for advanced use. I would try to make it
the default or a part of a wizard function?!

Maybe another function in hugin would be helpful, that cleans up some extreme
mismatching controlpoints for image pairs with a lot of controlpoints?! Or
the wizard could recommend a list of actions (deleting specific points,
etc.)

Maybe the future use of hugin could be to start with panosifter and (for
advanced users) clean up some problems and optimize by hand?!

Just an idea ...

best, mike