[ptx] SIFT code

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 19 07:38:37 GMT 2004

Hi Sun-Gi Hong, hi list,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 03:36:27PM +0900, Sun-Gi Hong wrote:

> This is my first posting. I'm very interested in implementing the SIFT. While
> searching the internet, I found the following site.

> http://robots.stanford.edu/cs223b/project16.html

> You can get a matlab code that implemets the SIFT.  I hope this code helps.

Wow, this is great code, lots of comments and easy to understand. I wish I
would have had this _before_ implementing my own one :-)

Great pointer, thanks Sun Gi.

It also looks like it implements some steps after SIFT itself, having RANSAC
and motion correlation code in it. I just skimmed the code though.
Theoretically, because it is combined with GPL'd code the whole stuff is
GPL'ed, too.

Will make a great test to verify the correctness of my stuff. Though I do not
have Matlab.

(I guess, now that the SIFT-cat is out of the bag source-wise, it will be less
of a problem to release my code under some opensource license).

> Have a nice day.
> Sun-Gi Hong

ciao,
Sebastian