[ptx] automatch some more progress

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Sun Jan 18 23:34:11 GMT 2004

Seems like we all have some progress with auto stitchers ;-)

I finally tracked-down the bug in my automatch perl script that was
returning bogus control-points (I was building a network of likely
triangles but was incorrectly matching clockwise triangles with
anti-clockwise triangles).

In the process it turned into a CPAN-style perl module:

    http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/distance/Match-Image-0.01.tar.gz

(probably broke everything putting the package together, but I can't
check today since I don't have access to a machine with a gui).

-  Still quite slow - 30s for 2 images, 400s for 6 images.

-  Enormously slower for images with small overlaps.

-  Now reads and writes pto files including v=0 style notation.

-  Sort-of allows setting image a, b & c parameters via the pto file
   (does this all wrong, but it's close enough to get results).

BTW, Pablo, hugin cvs doesn't compile today, it fails building
src/hugin/hugin - Sorry can't give better info just now.

--
Bruno