[ptx] Hugin on GTK2 version of wxGTK

Denis Treskunov daen at list.ru
Wed Jan 7 09:01:10 GMT 2004

Hi! Here's my experience with getting Hugin to work in GTK2 mode.

I've compiled and installed wxGTK-2.4.2 (using GTK2) with xrc extension;
I've also compiled and installed PanoTools with patches from
http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/panorama-tools/ (I had to extract the
patches from the .rpm and apply them all manually.)

Then I had to make a change to the configure script in the main directory: I
changed wx_gtk_xrc to wx_gtk2_xrc on line 79 (IIRC).

I then reran the configure script. Then I did the standard 'make' and 'make
install'.

Hugin works beautifully! It's noticeably faster than the Windows binary on the
same hardware.

For the reference, here are all the files I installed outside my home
directory to get the whole package working:

/usr/local/bin:
hugin
PTAverage
ptcrypt.jar