[ptx] automatch: another attempt at semi-automatic panorama stitching

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Sun Jan 4 21:45:42 GMT 2004

Hi Bruno,

> (BTW hugin still detects all my photographs as 179 degrees fov)

hmm, still have to check that sometime.

> Not at all, the feature-points are mapped to a spherical surface in
> 3d space before being analysed, but this is necessary even if the
> eventual result is a rectilinear or cylindrical panorama.

Hmm, why don't use a spherical coordinate system? instead of 3d positions on
a sphere. sqrt(theta^2+phi^2) would then measure the angular distance, I think.

I couldn't resist and read the sourcecode you posted. wouldn't using a
hashmap speed up Similar_Links() considerably? probably adding a distance into
neigbouring bins also, to simulate the margin you use with the $upper and
$lower variables.