[ptx] Band Blending [was: Hugin wishlist, RFC]

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 05:31:11 GMT 2004

Am 23.02.04, 12:06 -0800 schrieb Andrew C Mihal:

> Here is the direct link to the Burt & Adelson paper:
>
> http://www-bcs.mit.edu:16080/people/adelson/pub_pdfs/spline83.pdf

> The citeseer link posted:
http://www-bcs.mit.edu/people/adelson/publications/acrobat/spline83.pdf
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
<
, but the cached version fetched.

> Citeseer usually has links to the full article text in the upper right
> hand corner of the page.

They seem not to be updated.

> > > I even managed to find an implementation in the (old) Utah Raster Toolkit.
> >
> > Did You prepare makefiles for linux, so some peoples could take a look on
> > it (me included).
>
> No. I installed the source RPM that I found on rpmfind.net. I didn't let
> RPM rebuild the package, I just did an install of the source. This puts a
> tar and a couple patches in your /usr/src/RPM/SOURCES directory.

On a first google I found only the origin side and the 1990 tar.Z . I will
try the rpm.

> There is a binary RPM too but it will segfault because of the malloc/free
> bug. The bug is in the librle portion of the URT package that deals with
> manipulating the RLE file format, not in pyrmask itself I think.
>
> If you want to repeat what I did to make it work, do the following:
>
> 1) unpack the tar that comes out of the source rpm.
> 2) apply the urt-config.patch and the urt-fixes.patch that come with the
> rpm. Do not apply the other patches.
> 3) Edit lib/rle_hdr.c. Go to the rle_header_clear function and comment out
> the three function calls to free.
> 4) run "./Configure config/urt".
> 5) run "make".

Thanks for gooing in detail. I hope I get this afternoon.

--
Kai-Uwe