[ptx] LTI-LIB : a beautiful library

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Sat Feb 14 10:25:26 GMT 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Alexandre Jenny wrote:

> Eh, congrats for thesis !

Thanks! (ouch.. can feel my head this morning ;)

> > > It's really close to vigra but much more powerful ... ( For
> > example,
> > > integrated BBF kdtree algorithm, RANSAC, ... ) The only
> > lack is sift
> > > feature extractor, harris corner are already in it.
> > > http://ltilib.sourceforge.net/doc/html/index.shtml

Yes, it has an impressive coverage of computer vision algorithms.
And the interface also looks ok.

The only drawback I see is that it lacks the genericy of vigra, i.e. most
operations are hardcoded to byte rgb or float grayscale images, which makes
it harder for later extension to HDR processing, also import/export
functions to theses images are missing.

while the feature detector stuff will probably only work on float
single channel images, later processing like stitching & exposure
registration is likely to require float rgb operations. one could always
split that into separate channels, but then they cant be used by the the rgb
algorithm functors of the LTI lib.