[ptx] Some suggestions for hugin

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Feb 9 07:21:10 GMT 2004

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004, Bruno Postle wrote:

> These are not really bugs, just minor wish-list items, things that I
> notice every time I use hugin.  In no particular order:
>

> -  hugin remembers the size of the main-window between sessions,
>    but it always re-appears about 300,200 from the top-left hand
>    corner.
>
>    Since hugin is always maximised when I close it, this means that
>    in practice it always opens partially off screen.

Hmm, I'm only saving the window size, and not the window position, so its up
to the window manage to place it somewhere. works for me (kdm). maybe
I should make this configureable.

> -  It's very difficult to remember the usage of different toolbar
>    buttons, it would be much clearer with icons+text style toolbars
>    instead of just icons.
>
>    I figured-out how to do this with xrc, I'll attach a patch.

I'll take a look at it when I have the time.

> -  I know there is a plan to redo all the buttons, but the only one
>    that is _really_ wrong is the 'update' icon in the 'Preview'
>    window which is a picture of a floppy disk.

Ed, feel free to fix the typo ;)

> -  Portrait orientated images get squashed and scaled very strangely
>    in the tiny previews on the 'Images' & 'Camera and Lens' tabs.

Jep, I know. have to redo this sometime. I really have to make them very
small...

> -  The 'Control Points' window always opens with a size of about
>    600x600 pixels; I find myself resizing it to be narrower every
>    time I use it, this size could be saved.

Hmm, theoretically it should, but maybe hugin crashes on exit. you can edit
the size in the config file.

> -  The table in the 'Control Points' window can be re-sorted by
>    clicking on the menu at the top, this is very useful for finding
>    points with large distances.
>
>    There is a very similar table at the bottom of the 'Control
>    Points' tab, but this one can't be re-sorted.

Have to write a general sorting listview (since the default wxWindows
listview doesn't support it.... AARGGHH).

> -  If there was a 'Stitch with nona' button on the 'Stitcher' tab,
>    then we could distribute a package with 100% open source
>    dependencies.

Jep, that would be an nice thing to have.