color correction & vignetting [Re: [ptx] Hugin wishlist, RFC]

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Feb 4 09:42:03 GMT 2004

Hi,
I underway to code an analysing of overlapping areas in an remapped pano.
Therefore it is difficult to reproject to the older original images in
order to do an proper devignetting.

So I think I can do something for:
- different exposures for partitial images and
- with areas of different side dispersion
These two stages (devignetting/blending) my be later combined.

The band blending differs from my approach, as it is radialy
searching for colour differences in the origin images, as I understood
the paper correctly. This, band blending is able to do devignetting at the
same time.
The capability to do an transformation from origin image to pano
positions and back could help doing good corrections.

At the moment I have not the time to continue. If an other urgent project
of mine gets soon finished I hope to contiue this month. Anyway if someone
start to work on blending, please let us know.

best
Kai-Uwe