[ptx] Looking for expertise on optimizer internals

Littlefields - Rik, Janis, Kyle & Peter rj.littlefield at computer.org
Thu Apr 29 04:08:47 BST 2004

AutoPano folks, see    Brown & Lowe,
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/lowe/papers/brown03.pdf .

Michael,

Thank you for the references.  I find them at:

    Brown & Lowe, http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/lowe/papers/brown03.pdf
    Duffin & Barrett, http://www.graphicsinterface.org/proceedings/1998/139/

If these are not the papers you intended, please let me know.

At this time, I cannot afford to replace the Panorama Tools optimizer
with completely new algorithms.

However, I am posting the references you provided, in case they are
helpful to someone else.

The Brown & Lowe paper is particularly interesting and should be known
to the AutoPano people.  It describes a method for automatically
locating control points. The paper includes several convincing examples.

Best regards,
--Rik