[ptx] Q: Possible bug in Autopano

Morten A. Steien morten.steien at hydro.com
Wed Apr 14 11:20:52 BST 2004

Before I start complaining let me just say that Autopano is supercool and
is a great help when creating panoramas.

I have used Autopano 1.02 quite a lot lately and I have repeatedly come
across
a problem. Some control points looks to be the correct object but the
actual
mark is placed differently in the two pictures. It looks like the object
has been mirrored or rotated before selecting the actual XY value. The
difference
looks to be 20 to 25 pixels which looks much like sqrt(512)

See the example with control point nr. 15 here:
  http://home.powertech.no/morteas/temp/1.jpg
  http://home.powertech.no/morteas/temp/2.jpg

I use autopano with the following parameters:
  autopano.exe /search:1 /ransac:1 /keys:20 /nomove /size:512 /ptgui <dir>

There are (relatively) few real false control points so if these that are
nearly correct was fixed it would shorten the workload significantly when
making panoramas.

Has anybody else come across this problem or even better, a solution?

--
Best Regards,
Morten A. Steien