compile problems

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Wed Sep 24 01:00:12 BST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

>   Hi!
>
> Yesterday evening and this morning I tried to compile an recent cvs
> version of hugin.  However, I fail to do so, it breaks with an
>
>       ---- Compiling Panorama.cpp (C++)
>   g++ -I. -I../include -Wall -O2 -I../  -c -o .obj/Panorama.o Panorama.cpp
>   Panorama.cpp: In member function `double PT::Panorama::calcHFOV() const':
>   Panorama.cpp:245: error: no matching function for call to `map_get(const
>      std::map<std::string, PT::Variable, std::less<std::string>,
>      std::allocator<std::pair<const std::string, PT::Variable> > >&, const
>      char[2])'
>
> I get a whole bunch of those, also for other files
> (PanoToolsInterface.cpp, ImagesList.cpp).  Am I missing something?
> This is a SuSE 8.2 Linux system (gcc 3.3, wxGTK-2.4.0 (self compiled),
> glibc 2.3.2, PTLinux-2.6b1)

Hmm, I don't think so.

the new version needs a pano12 directory (with the pano
tools headers inside) in the include search path inside. Bruno's package
contains such a directory.
But the error above is something different. I just checked out a fresh
copy of hugin, using anonymous cvs, and it compiled fine.. I'll try
gcc-3.3, I'm using gcc 3.2 right now..

> Dr. Peter "Pit" Suetterlin                 http://www.astro.uu.nl/~suetter
> Sterrenkundig Instituut Utrecht

I'm just curios: Are you planing to use hugin/panorama tools for astronomical
applications?