windows compilation

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Sep 19 13:51:51 BST 2003

Hi Yili and Mike,

do You have a command called "strip" inside Your unix toolset.
If yes this is an common way to remove all debugging symbols from code,
resulting in an small releasseable executable. You can everything build
with the debugging symbols inside and remove them later if not needed.
# strip hugin             or
# strip hugin.exe         should do then.

Hope this works for You.
Kai-Uwe

Am 19.09.03, 12:27 +0200 schrieb Mike Runge:

> Yili,
>
> this worked fine for me - I'm compiling the debug version daily. Are you
> sure, you have recompiled wxWindows in debug mode as well, like mentioned in
> windows_compile.txt?
>
> I have two folder - one is wxWindows-2.4.1, compiled following this method:
> *********************windows_compile.txt*****************************
>    Compile and install wxWindows by
>       - uncompress wxMSW-2.4.1.zip and copy the patch from
>         wxWindows-2.4.1-patch01.zip into the wxWindows-2.4.1
>         directory
>       - open a msys shell, set the WXWIN environment
>         variable. I unzipped wxwindows to d:tempwxWindows-2.4.1
>         Adjust the path below to fit your needs.
>
>          $ export WXWIN=/d/temp/wxWindows-2.4.1
>
>         This sets the variable only for the current shell, it will
>         be lost after closing the shell. It can be set permanently
>         using autoexec.bat (on Win9x) or in the Environment Dialog
>         on Windows NT/2000/XP (access it with right click my computer ->
>         Properties)
>
>         Compile the main wxwindows library.
>         Edit $WXWIN/src/makeg95.env and remove all occurences of
>         "-fno-rtti -fno-exceptions".
>         hugin uses exceptions in some places, so they need to be enabled.
>
>         Start the compilation with:
>
>          $ cd $WXWIN/src/msw
>          $ make -f makefile.g95 clean
>          $ make -f makefile.g95
>
>         Compile xrc extension
>
>          $ cd ../../contrib/src/xrc
>          $ make -f makefile.g95 clean
>          $ make -f makefile.g95
> *********************windows_compile.txt*****************************
> Does this work for you too?
>
> The second folder (final-wxWindows-2.4.1) i have used to compile the final
> version like described in windows_compile.txt.
>
> I think, there is a better way to hold both versions and don't waste so much
> diskspace - but this one is simple and clean. To compile hugin in debug or
> release mode you only have to set the WXWIN variable different.
>
> I hope this will work for you too.
> best, mike
>
> >  I have compiled hugin successfully under released mode, but when I change
> >debug mode, the compilation failed at:
> >  d:/wxWindows-2.4.1/lib/libwxmswd.a(log.o)(.text+0xe34): In function
> `Z10wxLogDebugPKcz':
> >  d:/wxWindows-2.4.1/src/msw/../../src/common/log.cpp:293: multiple
> definition of `wxLogDebug(char const*, ...)'
> >  Panorama/PanoImage.o(.text$_Z10wxLogDebugPKcz+0x0):PanoImage.cpp: first
> defined here
> >  make: *** [hugin.exe] Error 1
> >  mv: cannot stat `hugin.exe': No such file or directory

		Kai-Uwe Behrmann
		Promenadenstr.  36
		D-09111   Chemnitz
		mailto:ku.b at gmx.de