Panorama stitchers, feathering, seaming etc..

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Wed Oct 29 13:00:28 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 07:32, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 19.10.03, 21:29 +0100 schrieb Bruno Postle:
> > I've done some tests and it seems to work kind-of ok, though there
> > are some problems I hadn't anticipated:
> >     http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/feathering/

It looks like you need to add a feathered region to the overridden
colors.  That is, when combining two images' colors, make a new map
which is 0 for "use the credibility ratio to blend this pixel" and 1 for
"use only the most credible source for this pixel".  Then gaussian blur
this map, and double any number (so that the 1s stay 1 but the 0s are
gradually blended up to it).  Then use that as a ratio between the
credibility mix and the overridden mix.

I can mock up a manually contrived example of what I'm talking about.
The extra step would be optional for smoother edit-outs, but left as
Bruno proposed for speed.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]