hugin enhancement request

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Mon Oct 27 15:20:34 GMT 2003

Pablo, all,

I would like to ask for some enhancements even I know, that you are busy and
focussed on optimisation/controlpoint-creation.

I miss something to reset results of previous optimisation runs. To reset
lens parameters I can simply edit the values for one lens and all parameters
for the rest of images will align. That's good enough for me.
For the image parameters there is no button "Reset all" or better "Reset
Selected Images", "Reset all Yaw", or whatever.
For different stitches I would like to try different optimisation strategies,
but the only solution today is to work with multiple savings of the current
projekt.

I would like to see some optimisation strategy mangement. That can be some
fixed submethods like:
- opt. all yaw, pitch and roll exept the values of the reference image
- opt. a,b,c
- opt y, p, r (exapt ref. image) and a, b, c in one go
Maybe this submethods could be run in a sequence by some owning methods?!
There could be a 'default' method (opt. y, p, r first, then a, b, c) that
would make it easier for the most common usage of hugin starters.

I would like to influence the output (like possible in PTOpenGui).
I often use the whole pano (Tiff Output), but I like to modify this one with
calculated single Tiff images (multiple Tiff). Today a need to run hugin
twice across all images:
- first to get the whole pano (that's ok)
- second to get all single tiffs, even if i need just a few.

An example:
These are the raw images:
http://www.trozzreaxxion.net/ut/gallery/multirowpano/abl
Look for the young girl, which is only seen on a single image in the upper
row.

This is the result:
http://www.trozzreaxxion.net/ut/gallery/multirowpano/abj

This comes out like it is directly from hugin - with one exeption:
I had to calculate all single Tiff's to get the correctly calculated one with
the girl to paste her inside the locomotive.

I would like to have toggles or whatever to decide what images should be used
for the stitch process. That would help very much.

#4 (this would be a nice-to-have, not really important):
Some kind of row management. Okay, I can do that basically by using special
filenames. But nicer would be setting the tabs to a different colour or
having a small flag or so. It would be nice to use such an row-index as well
to make selection in optimizer smarter (select whole row, etc.).

I like to finish the middle row first, do a probe stitch and continue than
with the next row ...

Ok,
only requests, nothing that is 'really' needed. I have to say, that today I
am able to do very good panos with hugin and that (due to the famous picker)
the results are better and the needed time is less (nearly divided by two)
than with other tools I used before :-)

best, mike