new features (estimate ala PanoPoints)

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Mon Oct 27 09:43:42 GMT 2003

Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added another feature to the control point picker, inspired from
> PanoPoints. It is possible to estimate the translation of the images by
> averaging the control points.

Hmm, it shouldn't be too difficult to get translation *and* rotation.
maybe use the normal optimizer functions?  For only a few points that
should be very fast.  Then the matching should be better even with
non-horizontal images - maybe good enough to feed that position to the
auto picker.

Further, after having determined rotation and shift - you think it's
possible to (roughly) determine the common area, look for
high-contrast features there and auto-map them to the second image?

  Pit