New user with big ideas (uh oh...)

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sat Oct 25 19:28:56 BST 2003

First of all, thanks to everyone who has made hugin, and especially to
Bruno who made a nice clean .src.rpm of panotools which actually works
right out of the box!

With hugin in one week, I have stitched together a few tests: 2h, 5v,
9h, 11h, and am now preparing for my first 18h (eighteen-by-one
horizontal).  The nine-horizontal image has over 20 Megapixels from a
Canon 10D.  Next week, I'll try a few 2x2 and maybe 3x3.  I need to work
on a quick peek gallery.

    http://www.halley.cc/pix/9h.test.1000.jpg
    http://www.halley.cc/pix/9h.east.rock.1000.jpg (see parallax rip)
    (may be removed in a couple weeks)

If the person putting together the website would like more examples, I'm
happy to share some.  I would also be happy to write a page with tips
I've learned about avoiding accrued curvature in a long horizontal
series of handheld photos-- which I think is the most common case for
newcomers.  Showing the same panorama done with rectilinear versus
cylindrical is also helpful.

I will also share some ideas on the user interface, because there are
some things in my current build of hugin which I think are minor bugs
that will be fixed, and some other things which I think could just use
some improvement to help the user get predictable and excellent results.

Again, thanks for a good

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]