Another hugin tutorial - Vertical control points

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Fri Oct 17 11:48:32 BST 2003

On Fri 17-Oct-2003 at 12:37:27PM +0200, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
> Bruno Postle wrote:
> >
> >     http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/architectural/en.html
>
> Without actually having tried what you discribe there, I'm a bit
> puzzled about the suggested use of 'auto fine tune' for vertical
> lines where you are using definitely different points of the same
> feature.

Good point, the advice is there because I copied that section from
the previous tutorial :-P.

> Even if that works for special cases (grids or alike), I expect it
> to fail in the general case...

Actually, if I think about all the places I have used horizontal and
vertical control points, the 'auto fine tune' would have done a good
job - Are they ever used for matching anything other than edges of
buildings and horizons at sea?

I'll change it if you think it is important, since this tutorial is
about introducing vertical control-points and nothing else.

--
Bruno