initial beta release of hugin (a opensource, cross platform PT GUI)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Oct 13 23:18:20 BST 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Yili Zhao wrote:

> On 2003-10-12 19:25:00 Pablo wrote:
> >We have just released the first beta version of hugin, a opensource,
> >cross platfrom GUI for Panorama Tools.
>
>   Congratulations! It is a milestone of hugin.
>   The icon and splash screen are beautiful, and maybe you can delay the
> splash screen display time a bit long (I do not see it clearly then it
> disappears).

Hmm, creating the layout from xrc files takes a long time on linux,
strace shows that wxwindows does a lot of waitpid() calls. really strange,
don't know why it needs to do that...

on windows xrc loading is a lot quicker, so the splash screen is
destroyed really fast right now. Some eye candy can't hurt ;)

>   Maybe you can use wxFrame::SetIcon() to set the
> icon with the frame.

yep, could do that as well.

acutally, you have cvs access as well, so feel free to do these changes
yourself next time :)

just added these changes and sliders in the preview panel to adjust
hfov/vfov (idea stolen from PTGui ;)