some questions about Linux

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Fri Oct 10 09:53:45 BST 2003

On Fri 10-Oct-2003 at 11:08:05AM +0800, ylzhao at vip.sina.com wrote:

> o  I have installed Red Hat Linux 9 on my PC just now.

>   o I want to install wxWindows2.4.2 on Linux, it seems that
>     only www.wxWindows.org has it to be downloaded. And I find
>     that there are wxWindows-2.4.2.rpm and wxWindows-2.4.2-
>     devel.rpm and others, what package should I download?

If you are going to use redhat-9, I strongly recommend either using
freshrpms or fedora to get these extra RPM packages:

    http://www.fedora.us/index-main.html
    http://www.freshrpms.net/

They have wxGTK, wxGTK-devel & wxGTK-xrc packages, which you will
need to get hugin to work.

(Ooo, I just noticed that Fedora have wxGTK2 packages, I wonder if
hugin will work with GTK2?)

>   o Does Red Hat Linux 9 has J2SDK installed?

It doesn't for licensing reasons, you have to download Java from
www.sun.com.

--
Bruno