some questions about Linux

ylzhao at vip.sina.com ylzhao at vip.sina.com
Fri Oct 10 04:08:05 BST 2003

Hi,
  I have installed Red Hat Linux 9 on my PC just now.
  o Linux has a root account which has full conrol, and
    I create another user account. If I only need to use
    this account to accomplish common task (like programming,
    install RPM etc) instead of using root account to avoid
    some destroy?
  o I want to install wxWindows2.4.2 on Linux, it seems that
    only www.wxWindows.org has it to be downloaded. And I find
    that there are wxWindows-2.4.2.rpm and wxWindows-2.4.2-  devel.rpm and others, what package should I download?
  o If I use "ylzhao" account on Linux, it seems that the home
    directory is "/home/ylzhao/". Then I download a rpm and
    put it in this directory. Do I only need to double click
    this rpm and use its default setting to install it?
  o Does Red Hat Linux 9 has J2SDK installed?
  Thanks.

Yili