control point picker & list fixes

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Tue Oct 7 15:14:11 BST 2003

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003, Mike Runge wrote:

> Hi Pit,
>
> >Hm, but in the zoomed-out view it's harder to tell if the match is
> >good.  Then again, wrong positions normally are way off and easy to
> >detect even in zoom-out.  So I'm probably just nitpicking..

I'll add a the "no autocreate, confirm with rmb" mode.

> Yes, exactly my thoughts. Having additional zoomed windows like PTOpenGui
> would solve the problem?! My method with PTOpenGui always was:
> - picking in fit_to_screen window 1
> - adjusting in 100% view window 1 (if nessesairy)
> - picking in fit_to_screen window 2
> - adjusting in 100% view window 2 (if nessesairy)

Actually I like the way with two windows, because one has to do less
mouse movements to set a point, so I think it'll be faster to use.

Zooming a lot of times might be stressfull for the users eye, but I'm not
sure about that. have to use it for a longer time.

> >Now to the bad part.  Already mentioned by Mike, about the point list
> >display.  It's not only that the list cursor is no longer
> >automatically pointed to the last entered pair, but:
> > - it's no longer that the color of the encircled points automatically
> >   changes, so you know the red one is the last pair.
> > - even klicking on a point in the image display doesn't activate the
> >   list entry.  So if I want to remove a special point, I'll have to
> >   go klicking through the list and wait 'til the one I want to
> >   rease/chenge turns red...
> >
> Using the back button should do for now what you want.
>
> >Please(!) return that to the old behaviour!

I didn't mean to remove that. I have broken this while adding the
zooming stuff.