wxwindows experiments

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Wed May 21 10:34:43 BST 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Frédéric wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 May 2003 18:54, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>
> > xrc is impressive to me. To change the layout in an running application
> > without recompiling is new to me. It's an good decision to use it.
>
> If I remember, Qt 3.x has such mecanism. It also supports scripting,
> allowing developpers to use custom widgets in scripts.
>
> Does anybody tried these features ?

No I haven't tried that yet. Their approach consists of writing
a factory class for a widget which will then be used to create
instances of a class. this factory object can then be used by
the qt designer itself, so that custom widgets are shown properly
while designing the interface. But it only was included in qt3,
so I haven't used it in the qt version for hugin.