wxwindows experiments

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Tue May 20 10:39:27 BST 2003

Hi

Pablo d'Angelo schrieb am Montag, den 19. Mai 2003:

> Hi,
>
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann schrieb am Montag, den 19. Mai 2003:
>
> > Hey Pablo,
> > can You send an XRC/xml of hugin for loading in an wxWindows gui
> > builder. I expect You to use it for makeing the layout.
>
> I have to compile XRC first, its not included in the default
> wxwindows build to try it out.

Stupid me, no need to recompile on debian :)
apt-get install libwxwin-2.4-contrib

> And see if it is worth the trouble. Maybe its simpler to write
> everything by hand.

I looked at the xrc sample in contrib/samples/xrc, which
contains examples for most interesting things. I still wonder
why the configured most of their dialogs with fixed sizes, when
it just takes a few clicks in xrced to make them resizeable.

It seems (from the first glimpse) that XRC is a useable system.
particulary interesting are custclas.[h|cpp] and derivdlg.[h|cpp]
from the example.

I propose to create frames (programatically) for the different
tab in the main tab dialog. These frames then load their child widget
using

wxXmlResource::Get()->LoadFrame(this, parent, wxT("main_frame"));

events from the child widgets will "bubble" from the widgets up to
our frame, where the can be handled with something like this:

EVT_BUTTON( XRCID( "left_image_ctrl" ), CPEditor::NewPointSelected)

if preferences dialog needs to modify the widgets loaded from the XRC
file, it can use the XRCCTRL macro to get a pointer to a named control:

XRCCTRL(*this, "left_image_ctrl", CPImageCtrl)

I'll try this with the control point edit tab in the next few days.

Where should we put the code? in the ptopengui or hugin cvs?
You mentioned the wxport subdir, but it
sounded more that it is your testing ground.