wxport from cvs

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri May 16 14:27:11 BST 2003

Am 16.05.03, 10:47 +0300 schrieb Juha Helminen:
Hi Juha,

> Hi,
>
> Finally I downloaded wxport from cvs. I do not like tortoiseCVS as it
> makes zombie processes in Win98 (might be some setting errors??). At
> least it can make checkouts from sourceforge.net.
>
> BCB do not manage to compile
> extern "C" {
> #include <pano12/filter.h>
> }
Yes and for gcc I need it to make the stuff visible. I tould an author of
an C++ toutorial, he could not imagine what is going on. Otherwise I found
an other toutorial in which the author wrote about this "extern" step.

> as filter.h includes C++ headers (__cplusplus directive is still
> "active" ???). Compiler gives error in objbase.h for some include/"C"
> error. It's difficult to say what relation this file has to filter.h but
> it's included from some wxWindows include files.
Dont know as well.

> My correction for that is to take <pano12/filter.h> and make from it
> pt_filter.h. Linker do not find SetEquColour and SetCorrectionRadius so
> I commented them in h- and cpp-files.
You changed some struct names Image -> PTImage; is it necessary and why?

> Would it be good idea to copy filter.h, panorama.h and version.h to cvs
> as then everyone has correct files? Library is needed but it need not to
> be included as BCB uses implib -program to make it from DLL.
Yes do so.

> Juha

On the other side I think about classifying all structs from libpano.
It seems difficult to build the C++ wrapper for the lib, because there is
no clear well defined interface for libpano. All we do is sharing some
structs putting therein everything and give it libpano for some steps to
work later again on it. Building C++ wrapper for libpano would need some
serious time to solve. --- other opinions / hints how to do this?

Pablo goes the elegant way - as far as I understood , puts he everything
in xml style and uses only from libpano what he needs -- am I correct so?

What now? Wrapper or function copy or bug hunting of C code errors in C++
hidden data dust?

I play with with overloading, templates - dont await usefull things from
me soon.

Kai-Uwe