Panorama project

Juha Helminen juhe at nic.fi
Mon May 5 12:21:28 BST 2003

> ImageMagick is very good for reading and writing an enormous range
> of file formats; on the other hand, wx is linked against libpng and
> libtiff, so it's probably ok *reading* 16 bit per channel tiff/png
> images.

It seems to be that wxWin do not support 16 bit/colour images. I found
only note that wxImage::GetData() returns pointer to character data
array (24 bits/pixel). This means that ImageMagick is needed for
16bit/colour images. Also it's a bit faster to open 24bit images with wx
than ImageMagick when IM is Q16.

How to select programming enviroment for code? Is it better to make poll
or how to chose between Qt and wxWindows?

Juha