wxPanoViewer continue

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 15:22:50 BST 2003

Am 29.07.03, 11:41 +0100 schrieb Bruno Postle:

> On Tue 29-Jul-2003 at 12:15:00PM +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> >
> > Are Your changes fullfilled in the current PanoImage directory of
> > hugin?  As far as I see makefile.unx is ok, and fullscreen works
> > well.
>
> The version of panoviewer you put into hugin cvs actually works
> properly; my patches were just what I needed to get it to compile
> originally.
>
> (I've added this new panoviewer to the hugin redhat9 rpm package:
>  http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/panorama-tools/ )

Thanks. We should inform on the sf site the interessted, that hugin relies
on wxPanoViewer v0.4.1 for its pano preview.
(Did You build some installation mechanism in, for installing wxPanoViewer
from source? Otherwise I would put it to the TODOs.)

> Hugin feels like it's getting very close to being usable, the main
> thing that seems to be missing is the optimizer, am I right?

Yes, and I am thankfull for the disscussion in the pano list about this.
Would somebody like to provide an list of steps to get useable results?
(Is the list discussed method as Your experiences and relyable?
Should we copy the optimize step order PTOpenGui is doing that?)

While stitching, I have most problems to get an useable horizont setting
with an reference image. I am preparing panoviewer quickly for this (flat
mode, grid/horizont line) myself.
(I spend more time fiddeling with this than programming it in ;)

> --
> Bruno

Kai-Uwe