hugin win compile (was:How to use CVS to access hugin)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Jul 17 10:54:18 BST 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> Hi,
> is here anybody reading who allready had compiled hugin on windows and
> would like to write us a note about this? I'am shorthand not able to do a
> compile under win.

I compiled it with a mingw cross compiler under my linux box. but it
needed some adjustments in the makefiles (changing makefiles/config.mk
and src/hugin/Makefile to use the mingw compiler and link to the
wxwin_msw libraries instead of wxwin_gtk).

This should be detected by configure in the future. As I do not have a
working windows installation at home right now, I can't thest the executable.
Last time I tried it crashed on startup.

The windows version is lacking some features right now, like the ability
to invoke ptsticher & ptoptimizer.. I'll port the relevant classes to
use wxProcess, so that it works on all platforms. Probably sometime next
week or so.

> Hugin is based on wxWindows. Version 2.4 with the xrc library should be
> installed.
> I would expect compiling of hugin works with an recent compiler - mingw2.x
> or VC++. That should be no problem. Another thing is to use gnu make under
> windows for the makefiles to get the whole thing compiled.

I haven't tried with VC++. Probably some small fixes are needed to
compile it there.