[ptx] my first (ugly) panorama

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Tue Dec 30 12:07:25 GMT 2003

On Tue 30-Dec-2003 at 12:56:00PM +0100, Stefan M. Brandl wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 11:43:46AM +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:
> >
> > It looks like a good stitch to me.  The reason why straight lines
> > appear curved is because the output format is 'equirectangular' (a
> > format suitable for 360degree panoramas), change it to 'rectilinear'
> > and it will look more like a normal photograph.
>
> Ok, thanks for the hint, but when I select rectilinear, the
> result looks even worse (last picture on http://www.smbnet.de/pano/)

That looks good too :-)

The reason why it looks strange is that the first image is used as
an anchor and is placed in the middle of the output - so it has very
little distortion.  The second image has been distorted to fit.

Open the 'Panorama Preview' window and click on the button at the
top left ('Centre the preview horizontally'), this will equalise the
amount of distortion by placing both pictures as near to the middle
of the output as possible.

--
Bruno