[ptx] 'circle-kind' output of optimization for a 360 degree panorama

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Sat Dec 20 12:16:48 GMT 2003

Hallo Sebastian,

Sebastian schrieb am Samstag, den 20. Dezember 2003:

> > Hmm yes, shure, it would be very useful. If you want to modify it, please
> > go ahead. its included in the hugin package, at
> > src/hugin/xrc/data/FAQ.html, and add the questions, and maybe answers ;)
>
> I added a new section "Common problems" to the FAQ

I've just added the changes to the current cvs.

Bruno, is the faq updated from the cvs automatically, or do we have to copy
it there by hand?

> (screenshots removed due to size):

can you create screenshots with a higher jpg compression. there are so many
artefacts in these pics.

I haven't modified the , except for horizont -> horizon.

> This is not a bug, but a feature ;-) As the panorama tools can handle images
> in any orientation, once the optimizer has found a strong local minimum it
> might be unable to escape from it. The way of avoiding this is to guide the
> optimizer by giving rough picture estimates for the yaw values (as pointed out
> by <a href="http://www.postle.net/">Bruno Postle</a>).

Usually I just set the image oposition for one image to yaw=180. that seems
to be enought for the optimizer, in the case I have observed problems.
But then again, the fov from the exif data I use is usually correct.

> Hopefully some more knowledgeable people can pick this first start up and
> improve the answers a bit. :-)

Unfortunately, no time to write a lot for the faq :(

merry xmas to you all!