[ptx] Separate Optimizer/Stitcher Package?

alexandre jenny alexandre.jenny at le-geo.com
Thu Dec 18 07:15:32 GMT 2003

> So you mean, the data model, with input/output methods of the
> panorama, like it the current PT::Panorama and related? It
> should imho contain the data, and structures to handle the
> change notifications.

Yes. Exactly. Having this solid background will really help us to give the
best of the tools
(nona, etc).

> > Derived from this package will come the many other feature we can
> > imagine :
> >  - nona (the stitcher)
> >  - optimizer
> >  - hugin
> >  - auto-hugin (something using sift for automatic control
> point creation)
> >  - etc (I have a bunch of other ideas to develop ;-) )
> > Anyway. I trully believe that the underground layer to
> allow all of that is
> > to have a good core package for panorama.
> > And after having this revamp of the code, we could think about that.
>
> what do you mean the revamp of the Panorama module?

Yes, which will be the core panorama (Everything needed for panorama, IO,
defines, struct, standard algo, etc).

> > Having another team working on the stitcher during our work for
> > example on hugin is definitely a good idea. But we have to
> rely on the
> > same core package which should be well designed and tested (It's a
> > nightmare trying to get a good UML design out of them, but
> anyway, it
> > has to be done).
>
> Actually, the sticher module should be written in a way that
> it can be easily used by other modules as well, for example
> the preview inside hugin.
>
> About UML design, does anybody know a good, free,
> multiplatform tool that we could use? I have used Together at
> work but its just too expensive, both in price and memory
> consumption ;)

I'm trying to use a software called Sparx System Entreprise Architect.
After some survey it seems it's the most usefull and easy in this area.

Bye,
  Alexandre.

Ps : I will be on holiday for one week starting Sunday, so I wish you all
the best for christmas.