[ptx] Separate Optimizer/Stitcher Package?

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Tue Dec 16 18:26:26 GMT 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, JD Smith wrote:

> Thanks Pablo.  Can you describe the basic differences between the hugin
> and standard PanoTools script formats?

Its not a big difference, the main thing is that i and o lines are used
differently (actually, I don't see the need for a difference). One can
easily write some perl scripts to convert between those. I'd have to rewrite
the parser routines to be more flexible, because it would be nice to have a
tool that can work on the different files.

PTGui and PTAssembler use some reserved comments in their project files to
specify the filename, and PTGui creates a dummy image with the default lens
setting. They also contain some gui specific stuff.

An xml based file format would be nice, then the gui's could save some
additional information when they need to, but not

>  Ideally, we could come up with a
> single new format everyone could use, so projects can be migrated easily
> from one program to another, or even used with the broken-out
> command-line stitcher/optimizer.

Hmm, there is the openpanorama format, but thats for assembled panoramas.