ptopengui bcb -> wxWindows port

Juha Helminen juha.helminen at nic.fi
Wed Apr 23 18:34:16 BST 2003

Hi,

I checked a bit more how to convert old code to new enviroment (parser
is converted to wxWin). On my side I'd like to do GUI with wxWin as I do
not know how I can use Qt in msWindows with my current compiler. Qt can
be compiled with some Borland compilers but I do not have one with
debugger. This is reason why I haven't used Qt.

Old architecture is not good (which is made with BCB) -- BCB IDE
"supports" one frame one module idea. wxWin lets more freedom on this
side -- so it'll be good to enchange it. Part of code is made with quick
and dirty style -> not so nice to maintain.

If/when there is Qt GUI project, is there way to share common code for
both of projects? I think that it would be quite generic C++ code. Some
functions might need ifdef-cases or macroes to hide used library
(Qt/wxWin). It might not be easy to share common code in many places ->
basic menu layout cannot be shared. How much this will help? Atleast
ideas can be copied.

Juha