point coordinates before/after cropping

Bruno Postle bruno@postle.net
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:25:51 +0100

On Sat 20-Apr-2002 at 05:47:08 -0700, Ianiv Schweber wrote:

> When you specify control point coordinates, are this coordinates
> relative to the cropped image or the full image?

ptgui stores them relative to the uncropped image, but ptoptimizer
doesn't know about cropping (it's a ptstitcher feature), so it needs to
be fed details for a cropped image.

(I might be wrong, here)

I think it's reasonable to work with uncropped coordinates, since you
might pick some points, then go back and change the cropping - This
ought to be possible without losing existing points.

> I was thinking of showing the cropped image in the control point tab
> and this will affect how I calculate the control point coords.

It probably makes sense for the picker to work on uncropped images - If
it was _really_ cool, then it would show those areas with a different
tint and not allow point selection there.

> I wont be able to work on this until thursday, but then I will have a
> lot more time.

We should get this stuff into cvs too.

--
Bruno